Can’t have enough chocolate chip cookie recipes! This one is nice, it has a touch of coconut in it, and it isn’t too sweet. (Makes aprox 20-30 cookies, not enough if you ask me…) Marlene
The first ones I baked were not hand rolled, just flattened by spoon (you see we ate most of them before I could get a picture of them all). The perfectly round ones were hand rolled into a ball, then flattened. I think I prefer the texture of the non-rolled ones.
1/3 c butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c brown sugar
1 c plain flour
1 c self-raising flour (if you don’t have this, just use plain flour, and add 1 tsp baking powder)
1 c desiccated coconut
2 c chocolate chips (or less if you don’t want too much)
1. Cream butter and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add egg and blend well. Mixture should be light and a bit fluffy.
3. Stir in the flours, coconut and chocolate chips.
4. Roll 2 tablespoons of mixture at a time into balls. Place balls on lined baking trays and flatten slightly. (These cookies do not spread much, so flatten to your liking).
5. Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for aprox 12-15 minutes (until lightly browned).
6. Cool on trays. Serve with hot chocolate, yummm!
From The New Cook, by Donna Hay (p. 164).